The Star Painting Process
Star Painting Services takes pride in our work. We paint your home as if we were painting our own. We do detailed preparation, painting and clean-up. When we finish a job it’s like we were never there except for the beautiful new paint.
No job is too big or too small for Star Painting Services. We provide free estimates and are fully Insured and Licensed. We can paint any room in your home; kitchen, bathroom, hallways, basements, bedrooms, we do it all. Nothing finishes the look of a room like the trim work. We take our time, tape everything out so your trim comes out perfect. Call us today to find out more or to schedule a free consultation.
Please review our complete painting process below and why choosing Star Painting Services is the right decision for your home or office. We serve the Central, NJ area.
2. Based on the work outlined in your estimate, we will fill any nail holes that are no longer desired, repair failed caulking and cracks that need attention.
3. After preparation, we will prime areas that have been repaired, i.e.: patches, new walls, priming smoke damage, or anything specifically outlined in your estimate.
4. Upon completion of your project, all of your belongings are moved back to their original location and the area is restored to the quality in which we arrived. We remove all of our materials and clean the area as needed.
5. Star Painting does a detailed inspection of the completed work. We ask the homeowner to take the time to note any areas of concern for a touch up to be addressed or a follow up to be scheduled.
2. Based on your estimated work, we will scrape loose paint, fill nail holes, caulk joints and sand glossy areas for proper bondage.
3. We hand prime areas where your previ ous paint chipped, new materials have been added or raw ends of siding. Hand priming these areas allows maximum penetration to create a proper bond. After these areas have been primed we apply wet on wet sprayed applications on the body and 2nd coat of Sherwin Williams paint as needed for coverage.
4. Upon completion of your project, all of your belongings are moved back to their original location, and restored to the quality in which we arrived. We remove all of our personal materials and clean as needed.
5. Star Painting does a detailed inspection of our completed work. We ask the homeowner to take the time to note any areas of concern for a touch up to be addressed.
Below are the steps of the Star Painting Services process. Our process assures that every project is completed at the highest quality. Please click on each phase to find out how we work and why our customers love us.
Star Painting Services is fully Insured and Licensed.
Paint has a way of finding the smallest uncovered areas so we completely cover all surfaces. Furniture, book cases, plants, and landscaping are protected with lightweight plastic sheets. Floors are covered with canvas drop cloths and/or building paper. Hardware, light switch and receptacle covers, nails and brackets are removed and carefully stored. We use masking tape to secure drop cloths and sheeting, protecting surfaces near flooring and around hardware that cannot be safety removed.
With all of your personal items cleared away and areas protected, we inspect surfaces such as walls, ceilings and trim for stains, holes, cracks, peeling and other imperfections. Problems such as water staining and peeling paint require further investigation. If the cause of the defect is not found and repaired, it may ruin the appearance your new paint job.
Then, we clean soiled areas of dirt and grease that interfere with paint adhesion. Holes and cracks are filled and joints caulked. Loose paint is removed and imperfections are filled and sanded smooth.
This is an excellent time to consider upgrades and talk to us about additional services. New trim can have an almost magical effect on the appearance and character of your home or business. A professionally treated deck will ultimately save you money. We know your time is valuable so Star Painting Services makes it convenient for you to use our services.
The final step before painting is priming. Primer evens out the porosity of the surface so that the paint covering is uniform and adheres well. All repairs and surfaces including drywall, plaster, stucco and raw wood need to be completed and primed before proceeding with the application of the finish paint.